Hiring guru Paul Petrone shares some great insights in his Aug. 28 post on LinkedIn, The 6 Boldest Answers to the Interview Question, ‘Why Should I Hire You?’ If you read nothing else today, take 5 minutes to read this great post. For an explanations of the responses, read the original post here. They’re pretty creative.
- Only the candidate could fix their customer service problems.
- The candidate used math against them, stating the company’s logic was flawed in hiring candidates with higher grades.
- The candidate used the interview as evidence that he should be hired, even though he didn’t have a degree and the other finalists did.
- The candidate needed a job.
- The candidate promised to start recruiting right away – for the job that he was interviewing for. Wait, what?!
- The candidate overcame ageism – Ronald Reagan.
Some of these candidates actually got the jobs they applied for. For more on their stories – and a video of #6 guaranteed to make you smile! – visit Petrone’s LinkedIn post.
Thanks for reading,
Diana Albertson, CEO